As the size of electronics over the PCB board reduces, their integration becomes harder. While working in dense electronic circuits, it becomes necessary to select a correct PCB board. For hassle-free operations, Advanced PCB offers several advantages over standard PCBs. Starting from the selection of materials to the test methods, Advanced PCBs follow an entirely different route. Meeting the necessary standards for a PCB design is not an easy job, and when it comes to taking that job a little further, you need a well-trusted PCB provider.
How is Advanced PCB different from Standard PCB?
It is difficult to tell the difference between an advanced and a standard PCB by just looking at them. But on observing the small details, the difference becomes visible. PCBWay uses the highest quality materials from some of the best industries in the market. It makes the board fit to serve in industrial and consumer electronics.
Advanced PCB boards consume low power and provide a better signal quality. This property makes Advanced PCB perfect to use in the field of communication and technology. The use of precise laser machines reduces the dimensional deviation. Hence, the integration of complex electronic circuits becomes easy using Advanced PCB boards.
- With superior fabrication capability, PCBWay can incorporate up to 64 layers in a single PCB board. The advanced metal-based and ultra-thick copper manufacturing process reduces the power and signal loss in the PCB board.
- The use of high-precise back-drilling technology reduces the equivalent series inductance of vias. It further improves the signal integrity and channel bandwidth.
- The mechanical and laser depth control gives greater design freedom and precise control on the processing of the PCB board.
- The embedded resistors and capacitors eliminate the need for solder joints. It increases the routing area and reduces the electromagnetic interference in the PCB board.
- The surface finishes to the PCB using HASL / Lead-free HASL, Immersion Tin, ENIG, ENEPIG, or Gold improve the reliability and service life of the PCB board.
PCBWay provides durable PCB boards with optimum quality for any application. Let’s look at some more technical differences between a standard and an advanced PCB manufactured at PCBWay.
|SPECIFICATIONS||ADVANCED PCB||STANDARD PCB|
|Drilling||Min Mechanical Hole Size 0.15mm, Laser hole 0.1mm||Min Mechanical Hole Size 0.2mm|
|Plating||PTH (Hole copper thickness≥20um), IPC 3(25um)||PTH（Hole copper thickness≥18um）|
|Glass transition temperature (℃)||>140||>130|
|Testing methods||A.O.I, Kelvin Four-terminal sensing, Micro section Inspection, Solderability Test, Impedance Test||A.O.I., Fly Probe Testing|
|Standard||IPC Class 2, IPC Class 3, Automotive Standard, Customer Standard||IPC Class 2|
|Certification||UL, ISO9001:2008, ISO14001:2004, ISO/TS16949:2009, RoHS etc.||UL,ISO9001:2015,RoHS etc.|
This table shows how PCBWay takes extra measures in each specification while fabricating Advanced PCB for any of your project requirements.
PCBWay follows a unique and efficient method to monitor each order separately. It ultimately improves the delivery speed of the product.
- On placing an order or any query on the product, team PCBWay responds within a minute to their customers.
- Any queries or problems regarding PCB service or production are addressed within 24 hours by team PCBWay.
- The complete process starting from placing an order to the delivery of the product completes within a week.
The manufacturing time of Advanced PCB varies with the number of layers in a PCB board. The following table shows the variation of manufacturing time with the number of layers in a PCB Board.
|NUMBER OF LAYERS||BUILD TIME (H: Hours)|
|2||18H + 1day|
|4||24H + 1day|
|6-8||48H + 1 day|
|10-12||72H + 1 day|
|14-22||96H + 1day|
|>22||120H + 1 day|