LED PCBs are a special type of PCB that have LEDs built right into the circuit board itself. They are not only more efficient than traditional PCBs but also provide benefits that go beyond energy savings. They’re called LED PCBs because they are printed with light-emitting diodes, also known as LEDs. These LEDs are then connected to components on the PCB to create a number of different effects.
Fabrication of an LED PCB
An LED generates more heat as compared to other electronic parts. So the heat dissipation capacity of the PCB must be better. Hence, metal core PCBs are the primary choice among manufacturers. Moreover, Aluminum is a good conductor of heat, is often used to make boards for LED lights.
The Aluminum PCB includes a thermally conductive layer that transfers and dissipates the heat more efficiently than a standard FR-4 based PCB.
Advantages of an LED PCB
- The LED PCBs are light in weight making the overall weight of the board less.
- The LED PCBs do not face any dimension-related issues.
- The high-quality PCBs fabricated by PCBWay consume less power. Hence, utilizing energy efficiently.
- The PCBs are moisture and dust-resistant. Hence, they are suitable for an open environment like lighting for streetlights.
- Due to their flexibility, LED PCBs are easy to integrate into complex interface assemblies.
Due to their lightweight, high design flexibility, and brilliant energy efficiency. They find implementation in many sectors.
It is the most common PCB requirement sector. Most household appliances fall in this category. It includes smartphones, smartwatches, tablets, desktop PC, laptops, television, game consoles, etc.
It’s the primary sector for innovative technology and PCB applications. These PCBs are the functional units for monitoring, diagnostic and treatment devices. X-ray screens, CT scanners, heart rate, and blood pressure monitors have circuit boards inside them.
Apart from the above sectors, LED PCBs also find applications in street lighting, solar lighting, flashlights, traffic and signal lighting, military field applications, and much more.