The field of Electronics has been divided into two broad categories, viz. Digital electronics and Analog electronics. This article is focused on digital electronics. Digital electronics involves the study of digital signals and the devices that operate using these signals.
To study digital electronics in-depth, you need to take help from experts in the field. And what’s better than getting a book written by experts? This article contains the 5 best books on digital electronics that are widely loved and approved by our own group of experts.
5 Best Books On Digital Electronics
|Digital Fundamentals||$202.66||Buy on Amazon|
|Digital Design, 6/e [Paperback] M. Morris Mano||$25.53||Buy on Amazon|
|FUNDAMENTALS OF DIGITAL CIRCUITS||$13.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Digital Electronics: A Practical Approach with VHDL||$194.54||Buy on Amazon|
|Digital Systems||$206.25||Buy on Amazon|
Ideal for: Beginners
Not ideal for: Working Professionals
Number of pages: 922
This book will give you a strong foundation for learning the core fundamentals of digital electronics. You can clear your core concepts with the help of ample examples, exercises, illustrations, and applications provided by the author. It is perfect for someone looking to go deep into the foundation of digital electronics.
- It comes with an Instructor’s Manual to explore the book and make maximum use of.
- The author also provides PowerPoint lecture slides along with the hard copy.
- Test Bank to test your understanding and put your knowledge to use.
- Full-color design makes the text interactive.
- The book is clearly written and shows effective chapter organization for easy navigation.
Ideal for: Electronics engineering students
Not ideal for: School students
Number of pages: 576
Number of chapters: 12
This book on digital electronics introduces you to and Verilog HDL, VHDL, System Verilog. Most of the digital circuits designed today are built with the help of these languages. So, if you want to master the field of digital circuit design then prefer this book.
- Introduces the basic tools of design for digital circuits.
- Support some multimodal approaches to learning.
- Offers parallel tracks of presentation of multiple languages.
- Generic problems at the end of each chapter will help you revise your concepts.
- Neatly drawn circuit diagrams throughout the book.
Check also: 21 Best Electronics Books in 2023(Hand-Picked)
Fundamentals Of Digital Circuits
Ideal for: Undergraduate engineering students
Not ideal for: Absolute beginners
Number of pages: 1503
Number of chapters: 19
This book serves as an ideal textbook for engineering students from various fields, including Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Instrumentation, Telecommunications, Medical Electronics, Computer Science, and Information Technology. It is widely used for the preparation for AMIE and IETE exams. You need to have elementary knowledge of Electronics to get through this book.
- Covers basic design techniques of electronic circuits in an elaborate manner.
- Explains Boolean algebra concepts and their application to digital circuitry.
- Thorough coverage of both sequential and combinational circuits.
- Practice examples in the form of short questions fill in the blanks, review questions, and MCQs provided after each chapter for better understanding.
- Includes fully worked-out examples for the perfect understanding of concepts.
Digital Electronics: A Practical Approach with VHDL
Ideal for: Electronic Technicians, System Designers, Engineers
Number of pages: 976
This book gives not just a practical approach but rather a step-by-step practical approach to learning digital electronics. The author has extensive teaching knowledge, which he uses in this book to educate beginners. This book is written elaborately by taking student feedback on each of its previous editions. So you, as a learner, will encounter very few problems while reading.
Check also: 11 Best IoT Books For Beginners
- It covers topics right from logic gates to sequential logic and memory circuits.
- 1000+ annotated color figures for a better understanding of circuit operation.
- The author takes the reader from theory to example to application of the concepts.
- Contains example codes for several of the problem statements.
- Can read the Kindle version on two devices simultaneously.
Ideal for: High school and engineering students
Not ideal for:
Number of pages: 1004
Number of chapters: 13
If you want to start from the ABCs of Digital Electronics then this book will be your best choice. It starts at the very basics of digital electronics and builds up to complex concepts. It is written specifically for all engineering courses – introductory to advanced. If you are enrolled in one such course, then buy this book with your eyes closed.
- Problem sets are divided into 6 categories, viz. basic, challenging, troubleshooting, new, design, and HDL, and their detailed solutions are provided on the given website.
- Web resources for learners and instructor resources for course instructors are provided online.
- Quadrature Shaft Encoders used to obtain absolute shaft positions, Time Division Multiplexing, troubleshooting prototype circuits using systematic fault isolation techniques, and expanded discussion of VHDL data objects are some of the advanced concepts discussed in the book.
- New terms are listed in each chapter and defined in a separate glossary.
Conclusion – Best Books On Digital Electronics
If you are a beginner and unsure which book to buy, then we would suggest “Fundamentals of Digital Circuits”. We assure you the list has been carefully made, choosing only the most relevant books. Our experts approve that these books will make you quite knowledgeable in digital electronics. Go ahead and buy the book that most intrigued you.