Last updated on April 27th, 2023 at 01:16 pm
When it comes to signal conversion, it becomes easy to convert the same type of signals from one form to another. For example, converting a digital HDMI signal to a digital DVI signal is easy. But converting an analog signal to digital needs special chipsets. These chipsets are fortunately now available in the market as opposed to a few years back. So converters are made using these chipsets to convert digital HDMI signal to analog VGA signal.
In this article, we have covered HDMI to VGA converters that will be best for signal conversion and presenting your data from one device to another.
“Our top picks on HDMI to VGA Converters”
Moread HDMI to VGA Adapter
Size: 10.04 in x 1.77 in x 0.59 in
Warranty: 12 months
This is an HDMI male-to-VGA female adapter by Moread. It is a unidirectional adapter that can transfer data only from HDMI to a VGA port. The highest transmissible resolution is 1080P at 60 Hz. There are bare copper wires in the cable, which have maximum conduction power and thus can give high performance.
The adapter uses molded strain relief mechanism to prevent the cable from breaking. This is a plug-and-play type of adapter, so there is no need to install any external drivers. It is super easy to use once you get it right. Still, if you face problems, you can easily contact customer service. They are super friendly and eager to help.
- You can duplicate your host onto a second monitor by using the second screen in mirror mode or extend the area of your host device by using the second screen in extend mode.
- This adapter is available in packs of 1,2,5 and 10. So if you are planning to get HDMI to VGA adapters for your office, this might be the best deal for you.
- The gold-plated HDMI connector provides a super reliable connection. It is resistant to abrasion, and thus corrosion is avoided.
BENFEI HDMI to VGA Cable
Size: 3 ft, 6 ft, 10 ft, 15 ft
Warranty: 18 months
This is a male-to-male HDMI to VGA cable from BENFEI. The brand has always provided high-quality products and thus has gained the trust of purchasers. This particular cable has gold plating on both its connectors so that they do not corrode easily. Gold plating is also said to enhance performance as it ensures strong connectivity.
By using two such cables simultaneously, you can add two more screens to your host device. So you won’t have to toggle between mirror mode and extend mode. In this case, a pack of 2 will be perfect for you. There’s also a pack of 5 if you are looking to buy in bulk. This cable has everything you should look for in an HDMI-to-VGA converter.
- The 32 AWG cable is there just to ensure a strong connection is established between the two connectors.
- You can enjoy a resolution of 1080P at 60 Hz with this cable.
- The upgraded chip solution makes sure that only the highest quality data is transferred.
- This is a unidirectional cable, so data is transferred only from HDMI to VGA.
StarTech 2×1 HDMI to VGA Converter
Size: 9.25 in x 6.02 in x 2.56 in
This is a multi-format converter by StarTech. It has both HDMI and VGA inputs and a VGA output. You can simultaneously connect two host devices, one at the VGA input port and the other at the HDMI port. And you get to switch between the two hosts anytime you want by just pressing a button. This will come in handy when you have to connect two different devices to your screen but have only one VGA port to do so.
- The switch also supports EDID pass-through, EDID copy, and EDID emulation so that no compromise happens to the resolution of any format and to ensure there is no interference between the two signals.
- Both video formats can be transmitted at the highest resolution of 1080P.
- The converter also features a 3.5 mm AUX port to transfer audio in synchronization with the video.
If you cannot figure out how connections work on this connector, then you can contact the lifetime technical support provided by the manufacturer. This is an excellent option for switching between two signals without having to change adapters and cables
Looking for other Converters/Adapters?
UGREEN HDMI to VGA Adapter
Size: 1.34 in x 4.09 in x 3.94 in
This is a female HDMI to male VGA adapter from UGREEN. It can transfer data from an HDMI port to a VGA port but not the other way around. It is preferred by people due to its strength and high performance. The built-in smart chipset ensures stable data transmission and guarantees excellent performance. It transfers video at a resolution of 1080P at 60 Hz.
You can use this adapter to connect a second screen in extended as well as mirror mode. We know a VGA port does not transfer audio data, but this adapter is designed to solve that problem. It also has a 3.5 mm AUX port to connect your host device to an audio output simultaneously with the video.
- It is perfect for providing external power for devices with low power output.
- The cable is made of tin-plated copper wires and has multiple layers for shielding. This provides protection against RFI and EMI, which ensures only high-quality stereo audio is transferred.
- Both ends of the adapter are gold plated to avoid corrosion and abrasion and thus enable long-term use.
JideTech HDMI to VGA Converter
Size: 4.21 in x 3.43 in x 3.23 in
Warranty: 12 months
This is a female-to-female HDMI-to-VGA adapter from JideTech. It is a multipurpose adapter that you can easily mount on a wall. So you don’t have to search for the adapter every time you want to connect. It takes HDMI input and gives a VGA output. The maximum output resolution is 1080P at 60Hz.
Apart from that, it has a 3.5 mm AUX port to transfer audio in synchronization with the video.
- It is a plug-and-play type of adapter, so it automatically detects signals when fed to it.
- The manufacturers have used a high-quality chip that makes transmission as smooth as possible.
- The adapter has a PVC shell which makes the product durable.
- They have also provided a charging port to provide power for low-output power devices.
Check also: 7 Best USB-C to VGA Adapters
AmazonBasics HDMI to VGA Adapter
Size: 8.35 in x 1.77 in x 0.57 in
Warranty: 12 months
This is an HDMI female to VGA male adapter from the AmazonBasics range. It’s similar to the UGREEN HDMI to VGA Adapter. Along with the HDMI port, it also has a 3.5 mm AUX port and a Micro USB port.
The AUX port is for transferring audio data to an external device in synchronization with the video output. And the Micro USB port is useful to provide more power to low-power devices. The AUX and Micro USB cables are not included in the product.
- It’s not a bidirectional adapter, so data can be transferred from HDMI to a VGA device only.
- The VGA connector has screws to keep the connector in place when plugged in. You can ensure a perfect connection by adjusting the screws.
- The connector is also gold-plated to avoid corrosion. This gives an as good performance as the one from UGREEN.
- Video resolution of 1080P at 60 Hz is supported.
BENFEI HDMI to VGA Adapter
Size: 0.39 in x 0.39 in x 0.39 in
Warranty: 18 months
This is an HDMI male-to-VGA female adapter by BENFEI. It can transfer data only from HDMI to a VGA port. This adapter works perfectly well for both mirror and extended modes. You can enjoy a video of 1080P at 60 Hz resolution. You can expect to get crystal clear pictures in high definition.
It uses an upgraded chip solution that ensures high performance and smooth operation. It makes sure that signal interference doesn’t take place during transmission. The adapter is designed to increase efficiency. The reinforced joints prevent the wire from breaking at the connector end.
It also has a gold-plated connector that gives it strength along with providing resistance to corrosion. This adapter can be brought in a bulk of 10 or 20 units. It will be cheaper if you buy in bulk. If you have any product-related queries, you can easily reach out to customer service.
PeoTRIOL HDMI to VGA Cable
Size: 6 ft, 10 ft
This is an HDMI to VGA male-to-male cable. It is designed to give better performance hence both the connectors are plated with gold. They enhance the transmission performance, provide rigidity, and also resist corrosion. You can transmit video in Full HD at the highest resolution of 1080P.
It also has a built-in active IC chip which is responsible for converting digital HDMI signal to analog VGA signal. So no external adapter is required for video transmission. It is merely a plug-and-play kind of cable and hence extremely easy to use. It is bound to give you the results you desire.
Check also: 7 Best USB-C to DVI Cables and Adapters
NANGOALA HDMI to VGA Adapter
Size: 1.93 in x 1.38 in x 0.63 in
This is an HDMI female to VGA male adapter by NANGOALA. Its compact design and aesthetic look make it desirable. It doesn’t have any connecting cable. You can directly insert the VGA connector into the port. There are two screws on either side of the VGA connector to keep the connector in place when inserted in a port.
It also has a 3.5 mm AUX port for audio transmission, so you don’t have to use a separate adapter for that and can enjoy simultaneous audio and 1080P video transmission. The manufacturers also supply an AUX cable with the adapter. So we think this is the best deal you’ll get. The adapter lets you use the second screen in the mirror and extend mode.
URELEGAN HDMI to VGA Adapter
Size: 3.00 in x 0.50 in x 0.50 in
This is an HDMI male-to-VGA female adapter. It has the most unique design of all the converters on our list. It is really compact and lightweight. It will easily fit between two fingers of your hand. It is shaped like a pen drive but has a VGA port at the other end.
It also has a gold-plated connector for improved strength, prevention of corrosion, and enhanced performance. This eliminates the need for bulky adapters or long cables for data conversion. The best thing about purchasing this product is that the manufacturer gives a lifetime warranty in addition to 24-hour customer service. So you can make the purchase with ease.
Conclusion – Best HDMI to VGA Converters
If you have a good monitor with a VGA connection in working condition but do not have the right connector or if your monitor lacks an HDMI port then using an HDMI to VGA connector is your best option. Why throw out a good working device just because you don’t have the right connection type? Instead, get the right connector and save the cost of buying a new device.