If you’re looking to get into robotics, but don’t know where to start, we’ve got you covered. Here are seven great robotics kits for beginners.
Robotics is a fascinating and rapidly growing field, and there’s no better way to get into it than with a robotics kit. These kits come with everything you need to build your own robot, from the chassis and motors to the sensors and microcontroller.
They’re perfect for anyone who wants to learn about robotics, from kids who are just getting started to adults who want to explore the world of DIY robotics. So if you’re ready to take the plunge into the exciting world of robots, check out these seven great beginner’s kits.
“Our top picks on Electronics kits for Kids“
Geeek Club Robot Building Kit
- Discover The Amazing World Of Robotics And Science with the Geeek Club Smart Nano Bots robotics kit for kids. Learn the basics of engineering, robotics, and machine design while having fun with our advanced robot STEM kit.
Build your own robot with this interesting kit. It is perfect to learn about hardware engineering and design. It comes in neat packaging, which is easy to store. This kit is also available without the tools at a much lower cost. You can opt for that version if you already have the necessary tools.
- You can build 7 different robots
- Some robots move in the direction of the light
- Robots can work under different light sources than the sun
- Includes all the necessary tools for robot building
- Clear and easy-to-understand instruction manual for beginners
- Develop fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and cognitive skills
- Individual video instruction for each robot
- Soldering iron
- Soldering wire
- Rotary tool
- Soldering iron stand
- Filing tool
- Protective glasses
- Magnifying tool
- LEDs and SMD LEDs
- Battery holders
- Vibration motors
- Very expensive
- Not suitable for children
Remote & App Controlled Robot Kit
- 【3 Colors Glowing Eyes and Movable Joints】The robot is equipped with 3 different colors of luminous eyes: white, blue and red. The hand and head of the robot are spliced with movable parts, the…
This is an extremely easy-to-build robot kit. It can be built just like LEGOs. The robot has realistic movement and mechanisms. It can walk indoors or outdoors and go left, right, forward, and backward. Its 360-degree rotating stunts are a site to behold. It makes a perfect gift option for kids.
- Run time: 40 minutes in a single full recharge
- 3 Colors Glowing Eyes: White, Blue, Red
- 360° Movable Joints
- Large ground-gripping tracks for moving on rough surfaces
- 2.4Ghz remote control with a range of 20 meters
- Bluetooth connection via mobile app
- Remote control mode, path mode, voice control, gravity sensing, and STEM programming
- 3.7V/400mAh high-capacity rechargeable Li-ion battery
- It can be charged via a regular plug, portable power bank, and even a laptop
- Non-toxic superior ABS plastics
- Plastic parts
- Remote control
- Connecting wires
- Ground gripping tracks
- Charging cable
- Complicated building process
- No clear instructions
Smart Robot Car Kit
- ELEGOO Smart Robot Car: An educational STEM kit beginners (kids) to get hands-on experience about programming, electronics assembling and robotics knowledge. It is an integration solution for robotics…
This robotics kit gives you an FPV control experience. This kit needs the user to have a basic knowledge of programming. It is perfect for getting started with combined practical knowledge of coding and electronics. With this robot car, you can learn and have fun at the same time!
- Auto-go, obstacle avoidance, and line-tracking modes
- Transfer videos over Wi-Fi
- Detailed instruction manual
- IR Remote Control
- 180-degree movement
- 24 kinds of modules
- XH2. 54 ports for easy assembly
- Battery Life: 2 hours
- Sensors: Infrared Photoelectric Sensor, Ultrasonic Sensor, Ultrasonic Ranging Sensor
- Dual-channel TB6612 Driver Chip
- Motor: 48 DC Servo Motor
- Camera: OV2640
- ELEGOO UNO R3
- No spare parts included.
- The wireless range is short.
SunFounder Robotic Arm Edge Kit
- Robot kit Compatible with Arduino UNO R3: The interactive learning robot kit for teens to learn visual coding, building and programming.
You can have a robotic arm do your tasks for you. This robotic arm uses the Arduino R3 board. It can be controlled from the given handles or via a computer. It is fun to watch it perform. It would make a great addition to any robot collection.
- Flexible Robotic Arm
- Radial wrist motion of 180 Degrees
- Elbow range of motion of 180 Degrees
- 4 Axis design
- The robotic arm can grab objects in any direction
- Control via PC using Labview
- Detailed PDF instructions
- Dimensions: 9.4″L x 3.1″W x 7.6″H
- Servo motors: 4
- Expansion board
- Potentiometer buttons: 4
- Battery holder
- Structural Plate: 1 set
- SunFounder Controller Board
- USB Type-B Cable
- 3M Non-skid pad: 4
- Cable Spiral Wrap
- Cable Clip
- Phillips Screw Driver
- Cross Socket Wrench
- There was no explanation given for the code
- Included Arduino is a clone
13-in-1 Solar Robot Kit
- 【13-in-1 STEM Solar Robot Kit】: The STEM robotics kit can build 13 different types of robots, which can move on land or water, enjoy different robot running experience! Exercise children’s…
- 【Solar Powered, Battery Tested】: This solar robot kits include a solar panel, after the gear box assembled and connected to the solar panel for smooth operation. The robotics can crawl, roll and…
This robotics kit is perfect for parent-child interaction. It is designed in a way that adults and children can co-depend to build robots.
- Build 13 different types of robots
- 2 levels of complexity in building
- Level 1: Boat-bot, Quadru-bot, Turtle-bot, Walker-bot, Dog-bot, Beetle-bot
- Level 2: Roly poly-bot, Crab-bot, Auto-bot, Row-bot, Zombie-bot, Slither-bot, Surf-bot
- Solar powered robots
- Robots can move on land or water
- Robots can crawl, roll and float in the direction of sunlight without battery power
- Transparent bags for distinguishing parts
- Durable ABS plastic
- Gear Box
- Solar Panel
- Not well suited for adults
Electric Motor Robotic Science Kit
- Science Kits for Kids Age 8-12 : Encourage Your kids to build their robots and enjoy the endless fun of DIY science activities. Perfect gifts recommended for teens age 8 years and up.
This robot kit is specially designed for kids. It is a perfect activity to develop their STEM skills. This kit teaches basic principles of simple circuit design and energy conversion. There are 3 smaller kits present in this single kit. You and your child can have a lot of fun assembling the robots together.
- Build 3 complete robots: the reptile robot, the balance car, and the graffiti robot
- Components for all 3 robots come in separate packaging
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic material
- Illustrated instruction manual
- 30 days no-questions-asked return policy
- Plastic eyes
- Motor holder
- Color pens
- Padding wheel
- Small screwdriver
- Some screws are tiny and hence difficult to handle
Motorized Stem Robot Kit
- 【Fun Assembled Car Building Blocks】 Would you like to keep your child away from mobile phones and computers? Please check out this Boys building toys. Stem building kits has 113 pcs. Use these…
This kit is suitable for absolute beginners and kids. It doesn’t have many complex electronic component assemblies. Building the robot is quite simple. All components come in a single box which makes storage easy. This is the best to get started with your assembly skills.
- Build 5 types of robot cars
- All cars are battery powered
- Flexible components for easy handling
- Non-toxic materials
- Motor Driver: 2
- Wheels: 4
- Plastic parts: 105
- Plastic components not suitable for extended use
- No extra screws
Conclusion: Robotics Kits for Beginners
There is no such thing as a good or bad robotics kit. Every robot is different in its own way. You have to choose the one that looks the most interesting to you and of course, to your pocket. Because buying an expensive robot and not using it to its best potential is just too bad.
Our list of best robotics kits for beginners features some quite exciting robots. May you have deep pockets or a low budget, or you are an adult or a child, there is something for everyone on this list.