Last updated on April 27th, 2023 at 01:12 pm
Most recent devices such as mobiles, tablets, and laptops have a USB-C port. It happens that mobiles, tablets, and even some laptops do not have an HDMI port. So when you have to connect an external output with an HDMI connection, direct connectivity is not possible. That is when USB-C to HDMI adapters come into the picture.
With these adapters, you can connect your devices to a video output using a USB-C to HDMI adapter. And easily view your video content on a bigger screen, such as a TV or a projector screen. Here, we have curated a list of the best USB-C to HDMI adapters currently available in the market.
“Our top picks on USB-C to HDMI adapters“
AISONK USB-C to HDMI Adapter
Size: Adapter: 2.0 in x 2.3 in x 0.5 in
Cable: 4.7 inches
This adapter from AISONK solves most of your connection problems. One end of the connector connects to a USB-C port. The other end of the adapter has 3 ports — HDMI, USB-C, and USB 3.0. All these ports can be used simultaneously. With this you can:
- Connect your device to an external video output using the HDMI port,
- transfer data from your device to another device or a pen drive using the USB 3.0 port
- Charge your device using the USB-C port.
- This adapter is very lightweight and easy to carry.
- It doesn’t require the installation of any extra drivers.
- The USB-C port on this adapter is capable of fast charging and transferring data at a rate of 5 Gbps.
- The HDMI port can support a resolution of 4K at 30 Hz.
- The body of the adapter is made of aluminum, making it durable.
- The USB-C connector is nickel plated, which reduces the chance of rusting.
Anker USB C to HDMI Adapter
Size: 1.97 in x 0.85 in x 0.45 in
Warranty: 18 months
Anker products are well known for their quality and durability in the market. This USB-C to HDMI adapter from Anker has an aluminum body, ensuring its durability. Also, heat dissipation is uniform throughout the adapter, thus minimizing the chances of heating. The cable can handle bending and twisting as it is made of braided nylon material.
- The HDMI port can be used to stream 4K videos at 60 Hz frequency.
- There is no need to install any software to use this adapter.
- This adapter is compatible with all devices having a USB-C port.
Anker USB C to Dual HDMI Adapter
Size: 2.48 in x 1.97 in x 0.45 in
Warranty: 18 months
Sometimes, you might want to display a single video on two screens simultaneously. But most USB-C to HDMI adapters allows only a single connection. That’s why Anker stepped in and manufactured a USB-C to Dual HDMI adapter. This adapter lets to connect your one device to two HDMI outputs simultaneously. There’s no need for installation; you can simply plug it in.
- The adapter can transfer 4K video at 60 Hz in single mode and 4K video at 30 Hz in dual mode.
- But if your device supports DP 1.4, then you can get 4K video at 60 Hz in dual mode.
- The adaptor is very compact and lightweight, weighing only 1.7 oz. It’s even smaller than your credit card.
Dockteck USB C HUB HDMI Adapter Dongle
Size: 4.13 in x 1.34 in x 0.43 in
Warranty: 24 months
This is not a regular USB-C to HDMI adapter. It has 4 other ports besides the HDMI port. The HDMI port can give a resolution of 4K at 60 Hz. The USB-C port is for charging only. You cannot transfer data through it. The 3 USB 3.0 ports can be used to connect a keyboard, mouse, pen drive, etc.
- The USB ports can transfer data at the speed of 5 Gbps but they are not so great for charging.
- This multiport adapter is perfect for someone who needs to connect a lot of accessories simultaneously.
- The adapter is made of polypropylene which is a strong synthetic polymer.
- It allows for proper heat dissipation, so there’s no heating of the adapter.
Other USB-C Cables/Adapters
Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Size: 2.6 in x 0.67 in x 6.1 in
Warranty: 1 year
Apple has manufactured its own USB-C to HDMI adapter. This adapter is not compatible with iPhones but can be used with a few models of iPads and Macbooks. This is a multiport adapter that can be plugged into a USB-C port. This adapter is quite similar to the AISONK USB-C to HDMI Adapter. But this one has better quality, as it is manufactured by Apple.
- It includes an HDMI port for video output devices
- A USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) port for charging and data transfer
- A standard USB port for data transfer or connecting other devices such as a mouse, keyboard, etc.
Sniokco Type-C to HDMI Adapter
Size: 0.65 ft
This is just another USB-C to HDMI adapter from Sniokco. It can give a 4K high-resolution image on your HDMI output. It’s also a plug-and-play adapter, and there is no need for software installation. The shell of the body is made from aluminum alloy, which makes it lightweight and robust.
- The connector is quite sturdy as it is made from pure aluminum.
- The cable is of a braided type made from nylon. It has a good grip and can sustain twists and bends of everyday use.
- The used material increases the tensile strength of the cable by 250%.
- This adapter is cheaper than its competitors.
CableCreation Mini Size Aluminum USB C to HDMI Adapter
Size: 2.36 in x 1.18 in x 0.06 in
Warranty: 24 months
This is the smallest USB-C to HDMI Adapter on the list. It doesn’t have any cable. It directly plugs into your device. This adapter from Cablecreation is loved in the market due to its unique design. It can transfer video at a resolution of 4K at 30 Hz.
- The mirror mode/ extend mode can be used to project on the second screen.
- It can transfer both audio and video simultaneously.
- The manufacturer provides lifetime technical support along with a 24 months warranty.
Conclusion – USB-C to HDMI Adapters
All USB-C to HDMI adapters serves the same purpose – connecting your device to a high-resolution output. But each adapter is unique in its own way. Each has its specific set of qualities that make it stand out from the rest. Each is suited for a different use.
Some are perfect for a school projector, while some are perfect for office use where you need to connect multiple devices simultaneously. It is up to you to decide which one serves your best interest.